View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #56
tubbedII
needs more $$$

Re: B's 70 2wd Blazer

Well, progress came to a halt recently due bpth my brake issues and also a vacation to New Orleans for Mardi Gras...what a blast that was...but I'm back in town and ready to get started.

I'm going to install my old master/prop valve since I know it worked to see if this gets the brake fluid flowing...I have fluid in the lines, but the master isn't pushing anything through them. I hope this does it because I'm going to have to rebend the lines to get it all plumbed.

The only other update is that I got in touch with an old friend from junior high recently and found out he works for a local shop as a paint/body guy. Funny thing is I found him by his CL ad for a 55 rambler and me emailing him wanting to look at it. He's going to help me with the Blazer by coming by a few times a week to do the body work and teach me how. There's a ton trim holes to fill and a small rust spot to fix on the passenger sill area, but the rest he said will be blocking, skimming and few areas of hammer/dolly action. I gave up body work many years ago after trying to smooth my camaro's fire wall and having to repaint it 3 times because what I thought was smooth really wasn't after the paint hit it. At least I'll have a trained eye helping me and he's also going to spray it at his booth when we are done...all at no charge!!! (I pay for the materials of course) I always thought paint was a year or more away, so this is very exciting!

I'm pretty sure I've picked out a color...it's something I've been looking at for a very long time. It's off the newer lexus RX and IS and it's called Nebula Grey Pearl:

I'm not dead set on it, but I do want something in a darker grey or gunmetal grey with a metalic. The top needs work, but I want it black...