Thread: 1972 SWB Build
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #233
beaterku

Re: 1972 SWB Build

So I been plugging away at the remaining bits on the truck. The fuel tank in installed. The fuel and trans lines are finished. Fuel pump wiring is complete. Brake lines finished up and bleed. The hardest thing to do on this project was cutting a hole in the bed floor. It pained me to do it, but it was a necessary evil. I am going to use the plug to make a door that flips up to tidy it up a bit.

I dropped the drive shaft off at the shop today to have it shortened. All that is left is routing the battery cables, installing the drive shaft, fabbing up an exhaust and filling it with fluids.

I attached a few pictures of my cold air intake tube. I wanted to do something a little different. I have a buddy who owns a sign shop and have his cut me a logo. I put a base coat of low gloss black down, sticker and then wrinkle paint. It has a neat embossed look. It is really hard to photograph. The low gloss paint is backup if the stickers let loose from the heat in the engine bay. I can peal the stickers off.

Oh so close!!

Attached Images

beaterku is offline   Reply With Quote