View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 10:37 PM   #192
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

Forgive me for any repeats, I'm not the range of some and the memory is no good First time I branched out to great rock n roll was visiting my sweet uncle in SF. He was a real character, lived a full one. Anyway, two songs I remember that visit, in his car, a little Honda Civic. This is one. Fun on the drums, I've never quite nailed it, but then I don't practice tunes, I'd rather play the next one The other tune was After Midnight by Clapton. Just looked, the year was 1976, but both tunes were released 1970.

Came across this video yesterday, it's the only one I could find for Chick Webb, the video is his band. He's quite a story, and in some opinions he was the best or one on percussion. Cool video, but you don't see Chick until the 7:46 mark. Dude only stood 4.1" and was a hunchback. If you look closely he's fluttering over the snare effortlessly

Few other all-time favorites:
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote