View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
Matt R

1990 Chevrolet Sport forever project

Hi folks, I'm new here and want to introduce myself.

My name is Matt Roberts. I have a bit of a sad story about the truck. I inherited it from my brother when he passed away in 2001. He bought the truck almost new in '90. My brother pampered the truck for the first few years, then we used it as a work truck. He bought a new Impala SS in 95 and it became his new baby. The truck then got somewhat neglected. It sat in the weeds, had 4 flat tires, fuel injectors go bad, rust on the roof and hood, ect.

It kinda became my outlet or therapy to work on the truck. My brother was into car audio and got me into it when we were teenagers so I had to do a killer system in it. I spent a couple years working on it slowly, repairing the interior, lowering it, stereo, ect. I then decided to do some audio competitions and got in pretty deep. The truck is a pretty accomplished competition vehicle with 4 championships in IASCA and MECA.

I've done 2 rounds of upgrades to the truck in the last 7 years or so. I'll post up some of the first pics of the truck. I did a 3-4 drop with djm 3" Aarms and 4" shackel and hanger kit. It spent 6 months in a bodyshop and got painted twice (long, bad story). The paint is two tone black with house of kolor marble on top with brandy wine candy over it. The paint turned out pretty good and held up for several years. It is now showing signs of needing a redo The wheels are 20" boss 301

Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote