View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: Vinyl Cedar Shingle Siding

Does brick keep the wombats out?
Were log cabins ever built by settlers in the early days?Our old cities and towns are primarily brick.Rural construction was log or stone until saw mills were established.with the abundance of timber many homes were constructed of log,then covered with lap siding on the exterior and plaster on the interior,over strips and lathe.Mine`s log with siding.I exposed the log on the interior.The first addition was timber-frame(still hand hewn),second was sawmill lumber stud framimg,latest (my work) is kiln dried & planed nominal lumber.
Plastic and resin is taking over!!!!maybe someday we`ll walk through the composite grove holding our lover`s(not lawnmower`s)hand.

Let me get this straight...if I go to Australia everyone will say G`day Mate,drive Subarus(you make those,right?) with kangaroo damage,eat off the barby,drink beer by the litre anywhere I want,I`ll see great white sharks at the beach where the whole nation surfs,Aboriginese walking about all over the place blowing those things I forget the name of,look up into a Eucalyptus tree and see a koala bear,and if I look in one direction I`ll see Sidney Harbour with the amphitheatre and Ayre`s Rock in the other,right?
Oh,and everyone lives in brick houses with iron roofs.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 04-12-2009 at 05:57 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote