View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #61
BlueJeep

Re: My version of the s10 swap

I also have grown really tired of the glasspack and turn-down that was in the s10 when I got it. I kept it initially because it was free and it was there, but after driving a couple hundred miles this way I decided to change it. It was loud, and it resonated under the bed with the turn-down, and it made the axle tube hot on the side where it dumped.

So, I ordered up the cheapest muffler Summit had along with a couple 2.5" U-bends and two sticks of 2.5" tubing, and got to work. I re-used all the original s10 exhaust hangars and relocated the back one to the side of the frame rather than under it. I wanted the exhaust to be tucked up so I can lower it more in the future if I decide to, and I wanted it to dump out behind the right rear tire under the fender where it would be barely visible. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and I'm very happy with how much quieter the inside of the cab is now.

The Y-pipe back just behind the oxygen sensor is the OEM s10 pipe, from there back it's my creation:

And walla, here's what I had envisioned from the start:

It's all basic aluminized tubing which I scuffed and painted with engine paint so the welds won't rust.

One of the next projects is finishing up this:

86 Suburban
88 Jeep 6.0 swap
49 Chevy truck
54 Chevy wagon

86 Suburban lowered 4/6
54 Chevy wagon
49 Chevy/s10 mix
88 Jeep Wrangler rockcrawler
BlueJeep is offline   Reply With Quote