Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #1538
1badgmc

Re: Die-cast 67-72

I went through a time like that. I transitioned from viewing my diecast as toys and into viewing them as collectibles when I was in HS in the '90s. I collected hard from about '94-'00. I tried to get every variation of everything released. I think I burnt myself out a bit, plus I got married in '01. My first son was born in '02... In '01 I sort of faded away from following the hobby like I had been. I never stopped buying. The Hot Wheels aisle was always my first stop in Wal-Mart or Toys R Us or wherever I was, but I would just pick up a car or two here and there just as I saw them. I wasn't really paying attention to anything going on in the hobby beyond what was in front of me on the pegs right then and there.

I credit the Retro Entertainment series, specifically the American Graffiti yellow '32 Ford, with reigniting my interest in the hobby in 2013. I ran across that car at Wal-Mart one day and then I had to know more about what cars were in the set. From there it turned back into my current state. Now I buy what I like and don't bother myself with what's hot or not, though what I like does unfortunately sometimes overlap with what is hot. I'm in it purely for fun. I don't sell. I don't trade. I don't worry about the bs.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote