View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 PM   #6
77blazerchalet
former Chalet owner

Re: The not-often-seen Blazer Chalet

Tim - keep an eye out especially for the Casa Grande, our little group has managed to dredge up three of them so far. One was a project for sale on Craigslist (initially misidentified as a Chalet) a few days ago, but the owner said he was reconsidering after all the neat info I gave him about them.

Rob Z. - thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I need to get to it sooner than later, before the latch pins start to tear out of the sheet metal. Doug W aka 1976K5CHALET showed me that on one of his other Blazers. My pins just have the tops ground down so far. Kinda annoying to lift up the doors right now while closing them....

Trav - Being primarily a VW GTI guy, I don't know beans about old Chevys. If ol' Doug W can pry himself away from the lucrative oil field business, I believe he really wants to diagnose all of what ails mine. I think all I have is the stalk on the steering column with its dangling wire. Lots of empty holes on the driver's side inner fender, where photos seem to indicate that's where the cruise control stuff goes. I might need everything you have....

Big Block - no worries about hijacking the thread, it only adds to the interest in these, which is my underlying evil intent. With a big collection of Chevy nuts in this forum, the interest gets those eyes out looking harder for them, perhaps even to get names, locations and phone numbers, instead of saying "wow, lookee there!" Regarding the leaky windows, that's one of the basic design problems, the other bigger thing is that the top needs to be redesigned where the edges overlap the walls instead of sitting on top of them in a U-channel. A discussion for the Chalet owners' forum........

Pic below explains mostly why I bought it. Tent camping is getting hard on my back lately and my GTI doesn't really like lousy dirt roads.
Attached Images

Last edited by 77blazerchalet; 03-08-2007 at 07:53 PM.
77blazerchalet is offline   Reply With Quote