View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 01:00 AM   #19
PLYONS11

Re: HD Carrier Bearing Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Yes I still make these carrier bearing mounts as well as all of my other products.

I can weld the mounting tabs on, flat instead of angled to fit the original crossmember.

I was not aware of a difference in the HD carrier bearing between the C10 and C20's.
I can't exactly say that I know this to be fact. I gathered this through my research and comparing parts. The bearing I have has an inside dia of 1.378. And the bolt holes measure 6.624 center to center. There is also another bearing of the same style that has an ID of 1.1811 and the bolt holes measure slightly less. Don't have a measurement at this point. The CPP adapter bracket uses this bearing, unfortunately it is to small for my driveshaft. It also mounts rearward of the crossmember which is to far back for my current shaft length. I believe this part is for use with the slip style trans output shaft. I have a flange style that bolts to the trans.

I'm going to do some more thinking, but I may take you up on your offer to make a bracket with the tabs welded on flat. I'm trying to avoid drilling into my new powder coated crossmember if at all possible. This is a temporary solution to get the truck mobile. I am moving to Alabama soon and the relo company will only transport the truck running and driving, otherwise it's my responsibility and expense. When I do the engine/trans swap I will obviously have to buy a new driveshaft.
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote