View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:34 PM   #20
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Been learning about what all I need for the allison trans controller and wiring harness. I decided to go the GM route so I can have the tap shift feature and hopefully the tow/haul feature. Been collecting parts to put the harness together. I spent the evening the other night drawing all the components out and making a schematic of the wiring. Got the trans connector, the tcm connector, and the tps. Ordered the terminals for the tcm connector, an obd2 connector with terminals and a nice crimper, should be in a week. I found an 06 shifter handle with the tap shift and tow/haul switches, should be here monday. I am going to adapt it to my stock column, hopefully it wont look to weird when I get done. I still have to round up the wiring and then I should be able to start building the harness. I ordered a tapered reamer for the dodge steering arm so I can bore it out to fit my chevy drag link then I will have the box hooked to the axle. I still need to get the cab blasted and undercoated then I can set it back on the frame for the last time!
I dont know what the handle sticking out on the tcm connector is for, anybody know how this is supposed to work?
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote