View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 01:42 AM   #35
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: Blazer Chalet #0661

Lots of clear my man. If Larry's k10 is any example I've seen, it's a good layer of clear. He and I have been down many of the same trails together and hit the same branches. He's polished it out a couple of times and it's still pretty sharp and it was painted over 15 years ago by a buddy of ours.

The idea is not to scratch it, but many times it's not avoidable. Best thing is to go slow and try to keep an eye on both sides. I've learned on some of the tighter trails to also watch which way the trail slopes. I've had to tread the needle between two trees but the trail sloped from left down to the right. Had I cheated more the the right the slope would have caused the roof of the camper to hit the tree on the right since the tilt pushed the roof over further at the top. So I hug the inside tree close on the uphill side sine the tilt puts me away from it and still have room to clear the downhill side.

I won't lie, it can be nerve racking. But it helps if your passenger keeps an eye out too.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote