View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: 64 ss

Quote:
Palf70Step
64 ss
Wiring, oh so much fun. At least your PO didn't use a running lawnmower as a wiring tool. Several of mine sure looked that way when I went to see what they did to "fix" things.
He just cut the wire off the coil and left it. The other that runs down to the starter is still there, it will be removed today. I found 2 big black wires also that ran to the fuse block over to the heater area but where cut off on both sides. I have no idea where they went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Wiring is got to be the most puzzling thing in a car or truck to deal with,,especially if done all wrong by a hurry up wiring person.. you are pretty good at it Andy and have guided me in good directions from time to time.. did I evee mention that I owned a 63 409 back in my young days? it would be pretty much the same at your dads 64 ..
If you did I had forgotten. Man a 409 in your younger day's I bet you had some fun in that! I really like the Impala over the 56 as far as driving it but I wished the LT-1 and over drive where in it instead of the 56!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote