View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 11:12 AM   #38
KevinK7

Re: '68 C20 396 4sp Utility ...resurrection :)

Thanks for the comments
Jeff, I am still running the factory (drum) brakes, I haven't even touched them and they are still fine. Plenty of pad left, and honestly at normal driving speeds (ie I ain't racing this thing) it stops just fine. I did however purchase a C20 (8 lug) Disc conversion kit (I can't recall who from, but will check if someone wants that info) but I have held off installing since the truck has been fine without.

My next planned upgrade is exhaust, but going with factory 396 manifolds turns out to be a bit of an issue since there are a limited number of vendors who make the dropDown pipes.
I didn't want to go to a full 'concours' system (ie cost) adding I was planning to keep the current routing where they dump out in front of rear tires under utility bed. I also didn't want a 'frankenstein-ish' chopped up system. I ended up contacting Waldron's exhaust (out of Michigan) and they were willing to sell me what I needed, from the manifolds back, about 4-5'.
Those pipes showed up a couple weeks ago, along with an order I placed for a set of FlowMaster FlowFX mufflers. I am hoping in the next month or so to tackle this, so I'll add here once I complete.

Kevin