View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #1354
ksbrktracer
TNT-MOTORSPORTS

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermn View Post
i am running 22x9.5" panthers on it right now but am rubbing on the passenger side. i think it would be less of a headache to just go with the 20's and smaller width so they can fit better in the fender. i am also running a 5.5 inch static drop in the front. am i going to have to put spacers on the front or back for fitment?
If you have a fleetside with the wider rearend ... late 70 and newer ......20X10 with 5.50BS will fit on the rearend. If you 71 and newer parts on the front ( there are other scenario' also that this will work, aftermarket spindles etc. ) .... 20X8.5 with 5.25 BS will fit. And this setup requires no spacers

As Lo-Life was saying a little more backspace would be Ideal but when it comes to cast wheels you are limited by what the manufacturer makes and 5.25Bs in the 8.5 is the best I have seen any company do. Something else that Lo-Life touched on is narrower control arms would be the same basically as using a wheel with more backspace as it pulls the wheel and tire further under the truck.

If you were to have wheels made then you could specify exactly what you want .... BUT that doubles the price of the wheel almost.

Disclaimer ..... !!!!!!!!!! I'm not an expert at this as there is always something new popping up. Given whats out there the above combo does work and looks the best to me....