View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #1356
magwakeenercew2jh
RAT1968 '68 Cab/'71 Parts

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Here are a couple of shots of the earlier 338's. 8.5 x 20 in front with a 245/40 and a 1" spacer. The rear is a 20 x 10 with 275/45's and a 1.5" spacer.

I had room in the back with that set up *before* I put on the 1" spacers...But only by 1/4" before it hit the bed on the inside edge. The ECE adjustable
panhard bar allowed me to center things to get the 1/4" even on both sides.

But the 338 folks only offered that 6.225" BS (I'm talking rear...I don't remember the front stats)
when I bought them. And, I was too far under the bed. So, at first I went with the 1" spacers in the rear.

Next was a move of the spacers to the front. And new spacers... a little wider (1.5")..... on the rear.

So, this is how she sits now with the ECE 4.5/6 drop (spindles and springs in the front, and springs in the rear....
...Not that it matters for this conversation, but a big, fat anti-sway bar up front and also ECE shock relocation
kit all around.

Oops! I forgot...The rear end is '71. That, I believe, is important. Width-wise....Just to make these stats make sense.
Here are a couple of "better" pics than I posted before with the same stats as above. No rubbing. No issues like that.

When I wear out the 275's in the rear, it looks like I have room to go with 295's. Likely, then, I'll raise the front end up by 1" or 2"
to get the whole truck a little more level. We'll see. Was going to go with bags in the rear. But suggestions from wiser minds prevailed.
Attached Images

But always a rat.

Last edited by magwakeenercew2jh; 10-28-2013 at 10:48 AM.