View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #19
fastpace

Re: 72 Highlander LWB w/ 5.3 and 6L80e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatzman View Post
Awesome build! Did you purchase a hump for the cutout? (part number please?) Did you ever find out if it was necessary to cut it out in the first place?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc67cst View Post
I have the same question as hatzman. Does the 6L80 require a high hump trans tunnel?

JLC
Sorry I hadn't checked this thread in a little while. I'm not sure if the high hump was completely necessary, I just went ahead and bought one on here and installed it to eliminate the potential issue. I'll look at it again next time I'm there but I'm going to guess and say that the high hump was needed though to get the right driveline angle since I remember it being a very tight fit.

Here's a couple more pictures from a few weeks ago, we're getting close to firing this thing off and hopefully driving it. The plan is to drive it with the elbow for a few months so that we can run a MAF setup to get all the kinks worked out and then we'll fabricate a mount to run a stock style intake filter.

1972 C10 LWB Highlander Dark Olive/White - Work in progress 5.3/6L80e, Accuair e-level, Porterbuilt Stage 1 front and Stage 2 rear, Wilwood 14"F 13"R, Vintage Wheel Works V40 18x8/18x11, and more... Build Thread
fastpace is offline   Reply With Quote