View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #1401
mr.precision

Re: Whose on Steelies? Post 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
A pretty rig ! .

? What are it's stats / details ? .
Looked for a long time to find this old gal. As you know, step sides are pretty tough to locate.... particularly '67 steppers.
Purchased from 2nd owner. Original 283, 4 speed, 3.73 diff. Bed wood original and needs to be replaced. SPID in place and matches plate on door pillar. Says V8 4 speed deluxe instrument panel and thats about it.

Truck was 2" higher on passenger side than drivers side, both front and back, when I got it. I installed ECE 2" and 4" drop spings thinking that would correct the ride height all the way around. It was better, but needed some attention to the frame. Frame was bent from an accident, and probably driven like that for 30 years. Local shop here with a couple of old guys (my age-66) fortunately had years of experience with these old trucks, and straightened the frame pretty good. Now sits about 1/2" higher on the passenger side, front and back, which is OK by me.

Interior is 100% stock original, even the 501 medium blue paint, and looks very good. Truck runs and drives pretty much like new. No rattles or squeaks. Goes 70 MPH straight down the road. Came from New Mexico, so rust is minimal. Exterior paint is obviously not original. Everything works... even the back up lights.

Because of my health, I hope to put power steering and brakes on it eventually. It can be a challenge to maneuver in a parking lot.

Mike
mr.precision is offline   Reply With Quote