View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #30
64shortbox

Re: Don't let this happen to you

Sorry to hear about your truck, glad to hear you and your boss are OK though.
A couple of things to check into though. You may be able to save the frame. There are many very good frame alignment machines out there now and a good frame alingment shop (body shop) might be able to straighten it without much problem. If you pull off the front sheet metal before you have it estimated it will be easier for a frame shop to evaluate the damage to the frame.
Another possibility is checking with local colleges and trade schools about doing the repairs to your truck. Years ago (close to 40) I took a Trade school course in body repair. The school took in vehicles that needed major body & frame repair for us students to learn on. The school charged a very modest amount to fund the school and the cars left in absolute beautiful condition. If the cars weren't perfect the instructor wouldn't let them leave. Just a thought.
Hopefully a Real Body Man will chime in here. I never became a body man, the chemicals - lacquer thinners and such tore my hands up but I do work on my own stuff on occasion.
64shortbox is offline   Reply With Quote