View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 12:51 PM   #68
FunKing85

Re: '85 Short Bed 4X4

Mostly in a research phase until I get the frame solid, I am going to take the cab off as soon as I build a dolly to set it on. Id like to restore the frame and all the chassis components, get the motor swapped and bolted in then reassemble. I'd like to go with a stock 6.0 LS just like my Crew Cab, but I am on the fence about transmissions and if I want to go manual or not. I am leaning that way but haven't done any research into manual GM trans or transfer cases. I'm not even sure what case is in there right now TBH.

If anyone has a good source for stock k10 front end part numbers and availability that would be great. Currently on the hunt for stock leaf hangers for the front and rear on the front leafs, as well as trying to figure out which leaf springs I want, and what upgrades
I want to make. As far as the steering box/frame area, I bought the Offroad Designs plates and stabilizer, as well as the front upper shackle hangers just as a starting point. Figure if I get all that on and square I'm basically starting from a stock platform with a little more strength.