View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 01:51 PM   #130
Blown06

Re: Project: "ResuWrecktion" '71 Custom Deluxe C-10

I figured I would make an update even though there wasn't a great deal of progress, but in the grand scheme of things it's progress!

Surfing the board last week and saw a member looking for some brake parts, I knew everything on my rear end was getting replaced so I offered him the parts for the shipping. So I stripped down the rear end Saturday afternoon and boxed up the parts. Nothing new but all reusable and the price was right.

I am going to have to shorten my rear diff anyway so I stripped the housing down completely, well I left the pinion in it for now. But I was pretty happy with how the gears looked. This old ring and pinion was a used set that I installed over 20 years ago from a junkyard rear end. 3:73, my original gear set was 3:08's. Not sure what ratio I will install when I'm done but it probably won't be these.

I haven't done anything to the chassis lately but I have been making some plugs for the frame holes, been using some of the material I cut out from the notch install.

I've got 5 days off starting Saturday so hopefully I can make some real progress on this thing.

My project: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=646563
Blown06 is offline   Reply With Quote