View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
clinebarger

'04 5.3L in a '01 V6 Camaro.

This is my new project, 2001 3.8L/4L60E Camaro. My Suburban is going to donate it's 5.3L & 300mm 4L60E to the cause, It's a very clean Onyx Black T-top car, The intake gaskets let go (pouring coolant into the oil). I got it for $1200. The drive from Newark (Texas not New Jersey) to Ft. Worth was an experience....The gauge would not read over 210 because the lack of water over the CTS when it got hot, Had to wait for the engine to start cutting out to know it was hot & pull over, Let it cool & add water. Went through 8 gallons of water!

Bought a Spohn K-member & engine stands, F-body oil pan, LS2 intake, 5th gen F-body brackets & accessories, New Delco LS1 radiator, BBK 1-3/4 headers & Y-pipe , 3" pipe kit & a Borla muffler.

Used '98 TA "Cone style" 2-series posi carrier, New Yukon "Thick" 3:42 gears, New Moser street axles & new Koyo bearings, Thinking about a stud girdle style cover....The 7.6" diff needs all the help it can get.

Have a '05 LQ9 cam & New L92 valve springs. Changing the springs as a precaution.

Sorry for the awful pictures, Better ones to follow.
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote