View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
turpentyne

Rehabilitating a ‘71 C-10 Cheyenne

Got a question but... Before I go throwing a bunch of different posts up, I figured I’d start a thread for this truck as it will be somewhat a rolling restoration.

First couple questions... an odd one maybe: is there another place the alternator could be mounted other that up top on the bracket on the driver’s side exhaust manifold? ( or maybe it’s on the head).

Reason for question: we’re dealing with an engine rebuilder of ... questionable workmanship. We were there to see progress and they were going to start it up for us, before we pointed out several things they had gotten wrong. Another that came to mind later is that there was nothing but a lonely bolt where the alternator and its bracket goes, we didn’t see an alternator in yet. They were talking like wiring was the only thing left to do, and they'd start it up for us if we wanted.

Follow-up question... assuming they don’t have that bracket, anyone got one to offer or sell? I see one on eBay, but hoping not to spend $80-$100 for it.

Also, here's a few pics I had on my phone. It's been sitting on the old family property for the last 15 years. We had to downsize property, so these were a few quick pics taken before towing it to the shop a few months back.
Attached Images

Last edited by turpentyne; 11-14-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typos and photo explanation
turpentyne is offline   Reply With Quote