View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 08:08 AM   #117
special-K
Special Order

Re: 67-72 Development/Concept Photos Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I have finally figured out what this oddball truck is that was included in the photo sets I received:

Turns out, the answer was buried here on the board all along in this thread. It's a Brazilian spec C10!

Apparently, Chevrolet commissioned a Brazilian company to assemble the trucks for them in South America, and they used many carry over parts from previous generations of pickups. The year ranges for the specific body styles were also different. This site details the specs for the South American C10s by year.
Those front fenders would have been made specifically for those trucks. It's a 69-72 stamping w/o a side marker whole. Something GM never made for the US trucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldoc View Post
Never any concepts on having a sunken spare tire and having the spare on the passenger side for safety.
Being sunken on either side would be a safer arrangement than sticking up over the rail. But having the spare on the driver side is the safest option. On the driver side to the front it is out of your periphery behind you where you rely on your exterior mirror, which it doesn't block. On the passenger side it obstructs the view to your extreme right, even in your interior mirror

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote