View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
mbgmike

Re: Door Hinge replacement 99 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckpoorpackrat View Post
Are you talking about replacing door side & post side hinges on 1 door or all hinges on both front doors & painting them + these hinges are not cheap. I would suggest posting pictures of your doors & maybe we can help save you some money. I would figure that you would only need to replace the post side of the hinge if they just tried to replace the pins & made a mess of them. The best way to do it is to remove the door completely & then tackle the hinges, I can explain if you need more help. James.
The $900 is from GM for one door to do both complete door hinges.
He now has the Factory replacement instruction sheets. The door side is easy. The body side a little harder but you need GM's kit to do it right. The door side hinge kit will cost around $60.00 each hinge. the body side less than $100.00 . Right there your looking at $320.00 w/o the hinge pins. Then you need the repair kit if replacing the body hinges. then the hinge pin kit of your choice. Factory or the newer replacement kits.
It is about a 3 hour job to do w/o tearing anything up. Pictures would help.
We have done many of these replacements, we do this for a living (I think).
The design is a piece of crap. A big wind blows open the door on pushes the door past the liitle stop and now you have a 90 degree door and a bent hinge.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote