Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #69
RWB-713

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69swb View Post
Question?: Should I epoxy prime after the metal work and before any body work? Or do my body work on the bare metal then epoxy prime afterwards?
I'm doing all my body work on the bare metal and using guide coat primer in the spots i'm workin on. After all the work is done, I'll go back and epoxy prime the whole cab. I'd think epoxy priming the whole thing now would just cause you more work in the long run.

I'm not 100% that i'm doing it the "right way", but I've also learned that everyone approaches body work differently. I have a buddy who runs a body shop up here that basically does collision repair only (he's definitly helped me out alot), and their approach sometimes varies from someone who specializes in shaving, filling, & other custom work. Both usually seem to turn out just fine in my experiences. I think it's a "to each their own" scenario really, as body work is one of those things I'll add to my list of "Black Arts".
RWB-713 is offline   Reply With Quote