View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
Revorollerr

Re: Stock suspension guru's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
I am sure most of us are going to say "we need more info"

The 47140 will work for a certain front weight, there is no one spring for all applications. With that being said:

1) What does your truck weigh?
2) How much of that weight is on the front axle vs rear axle?
3) Are you happy with the front ride height? if so, please put enough weight in your drivers seat to replicate you sitting there and measure the compressed height of the spring while the truck is on the ground.

The above info will be very helpful in guiding you towards the right front spring. With the front spring sorted out, you are going to need a decent to great adjustable shock that can control it.

That rear CPP spring is honestly not a bad rear spring. It is not overly stiff which is good, but I know nothing about that speedway shock. Do they have adjustable valving?

3990 with a full tank. I have not scaled the truck or had a chance to even guestimate the front and rear weights as the local scale is out of commission. Spring height with me in it was 9 3/16. Currently the shocks are belltechs, utilizing speedway relocation brackets on the rear.

Truck lifted a head the other night, once its back together ill borrow some scales and get some details. Mainly I was concerned with the rear suspension - wasnt sure if it the stock style coil and shock setup would work for what im wanting or if it would ultimately be best just to switch to coil overs.
Revorollerr is offline   Reply With Quote