View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 06:58 AM   #1290
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whose on Steelies? Post 'em up!

Man, I was going to compliment, once again, Demain5's truck, but scrolled down, saw the next and wanted to add his, then the next and the next, and that's when I decided to say, "There sure are some nice trucks in this thread. Just can't beat good old factory center steel wheels. Stock, wide, white, black, whatever!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrancher View Post
I like the look with the lumber rack...makes me feel at home. I guess I never realized (or noticed) that the wraparound rear bumpers lasted past the '66 body style. Looks great!
Thanks for the appreciation. You obviously knw trucks.That rack was the third set I made and most refined design. I originally made it in '89 for an '84 K30. I guess these years saw the last of the Bartens bumpers. The truck came from CA and was set up with a 5th wheel, hoist for the platter, to pull a big travel trailer. So, trans was built tough, big aux cooler, trans temp gauge, and he had a vacuum tuning gauge mounted to read while driving. A great idea. Amazing how you can let off and run the same speed to draw a greater air to fuel mix. This one's my keeper 3/4t 4wd.

Did I ever show the K/10 I restored in the mid-90s?
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 05-18-2017 at 07:10 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote