View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 09:41 AM   #14
special-K
Special Order

Re: Dana 60 Rear Brake Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbks_Cruiser View Post
I ordered mine from rock auto. Got the shoes and hardware for c2500. If I recall, the wheel cylinders for k2500 4wd and c2500 2wd were listed as the same part number. The shoes listed for c2500 were identical to the ones I pulled off my k2500. I also seem to remember that I may have had to get the rear rubber brake hose ( between frame and axle) for 2wd.

As an aside, I generally prefer to go to a local auto parts store over ordering online. But options here are kinda limited. Also it seems nowadays that the stores are pretty much just a franchise (Napa, orielly, autozone, carquest, etc) staffed by salespeople who can do no more than search the same online inventory I can. The knowledgeable parts guys seem to be a dying breed.
On the C2500 wheel cylinders there are with coil and with leaf versions, so I can see why the C2500 cyls would be the same. It's a matter of angled line/bleeder area vs straight for coils. Thanks for the info. Rich and Tom still work at my local NAPA, thank Gawd! I'll just grab the C2500 shoes and hopefully they'll be correct. At least I'll know soon enough to return if they're wrong. I don't like the new manager.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote