View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 02:31 PM   #14
1969 GMC

here she is as of today...no transfer case in her yet, and the transmission output shaft is toast. The starter took a crap too. Also, last winter's cold caused the windshield to crack around a rock chip, so that needs replaced too.
The pass. side rear tire went flat so we put on the spare (which was also flat, and all 5 of these are split rims too ), so right now there is a jack stand behind the backing plate holding it up, and we left the tire quasi-bolted on so as not to lose the lugs, it isnt flush with the drum so it takes a drunken lean (hard to see in pics).

Driveshafts are in the bed under the tarp, along with the old Rockwell T221 transfer case and my spare SM465, and some other misc crap. On top of the tarp are lumber scraps, loading ramps, a picnic table bench, what appears to be a pitcher, and a dolly used to move my axle, transfer case, and transmission collection around with.

inside the cab is a milk crate (its twin is underneath the truck), along with my self inflating camping mattress (aka what I lay on under the truck), two old Public Address suitcase systems that I picked out of a dumpster, some rags, an empty can or Barq's root beer, and my NP205. I think there is a toolbox in there too, and some other misc trash. Oh, the high hump cover is there too, under the mattress, and you can kinda see its hole in the floor. My bench seat is in the barn, most likely reeking of cat piss.

I have big plans for this truck...but no money. :-(
There is a Dodge Dana 60 front axle in the garage just begging to be put in, but of course it too needs rebuilt.
Attached Images

1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote