View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #8
HeyRed

Re: FNG from Woodstock, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
Tell us more!!!
Looks like PO replaced the grill panel, properly, even though it was different color.
I just bought a 67 front clip from a member here (mind you , a nearly PERFECT front clip, same color).
What other things did PO perform on it?

What do you want to do to it??? I like it a lot, just like it looks........need more pictures!!!
Welp...I was able to include photos in my first post, but I’m having trouble uploading more (missing security token?). Admin messaged.
I’m running a 350/700R4 at the moment and have no plans to change that. It’s a very strong runner and that overdrive gear is killer...never had one of those before and I feel like a kid at Christmas. Most of what I have planned is incidental cosmetic stuff (new stake rails in hard maple, getting the stance a little closer to my preference...down a bit in back, other minor changes).
I have to suppress my tendency to cut stuff up. All of my previous builds have included some relatively heavy mods (chops, channels, full shaves, etc..) but I have no plans to cut this truck up at all.
The only major things I’d like to do (which aren’t really major at all) is a power brake conversion, potentially a disk brake conversion, and moving the fuel cell to the rear.
I’ll post to the group at-large some questions I have about converting to PB with 4-wheel drum brakes. I know there are separate kits for drum-drum, disk-drum, and disk-disk. Not sure which way I want to go just yet. I don’t mind the braking system now, but my wife loves the truck and wants to drive it, but the current stopping action gave her the willies when she took it out with me (made me a little nervous too).
There’s a bit of cancer in the cab corners and the rear rockers. Nothing too bad and the PO had the panels so I’m good to go there.
This truck will stay in the original paint. The patina is just too good.
I’m not in love with the throaty Flowmaster sound. And I’ll likely get the pipes running out behind the rear well rather than what I have now (running out just behind the cab with 3-inch exhaust). Maybe get some real long Smittys.

Anyway, when I get the photo thing figured out, I’ll post more.
HeyRed is offline   Reply With Quote