View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 07:54 PM   #303
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
The mini split looks great. I am considering one of these for my shop so I am very interested in how it works out for you. I need one more for cooling rather than heating so a little different situation. What size shop do you have?
So, my shop is 24'x36' with 12' eve's so about 16' to 18' at peak. I have two large industrial ceiling fans spaced evenly and an exhaust fan on one end of the shop. (as typical, it is not big enough) With all that said, i work for the local power company as a power line designer and one of our electrical engineers is very savvy on designing heating an cooling system. I explained my situation and shop dimensions and he suggested 30,000 BTU or above even though if you go by the little examples of what size should i install and they give you some smaller size, he said with the open ceiling, ya go big or go home. lol So, i got this unit off of Amazon, pre-loaded with coolant and all hardware for $1520.00 shipped. I also bought a vacuum pump and gauges so i could do the install properly. You need to have approx. 30" of vacuum. The power needs cost me 300.00 for electrician to install. Total was just under $2,000.00 with filter box. I was tired of the fumes from heat, so with this i should be good.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote