View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 11:19 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: suspension upgrades 1969 Panel truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziegelsteinfaust View Post
I do not know what he has, and having had both. I prefer polygraphite over C20/30 bushings. Not that I haven't used both, but I feel they wobble less when pushed.

I am trying to give him ideas, and he said he wanted to go fast. So to play it "safe" depending on his budget. He will have to get creative. I like to think of Smokey Yunick as my God, and I have spent 30 years trying to use his philosophy when I do something.

Sure the last things are over the top, but when your doing something over the top handling wise. You better sort out your suspension either with your wallet or skill. At the later stages of any game are the most expensive for the least amount of gains.

Under steer on a cornering vehicle is HELL, and i have seen people slide off the road due to a vehicle not being able to rotate through a tight turn. On the other hand failure to understand the drift, and oversteer is HELL. No mod i described will out do the driver mod.

The shock with in a coil was to have a better dual shock arrangement. This way you have double the shock to handle the situation to keep you oil from foaming up in your shock or over heating the seals. You would still need to leave the original shock in its position.

If you read what I wrote, and not highlight it. I said it was like. I never said do the respective mods. So I clearly used them as descriptors. So depending on his level of hot rodding knowledge. He should be able to pick up what I am laying down.

I have done every mod in the upper half of what I wrote, and have driven the wheels off C20's. But they were tuned for dirt road bombing, and still had needed further dialing in. It makes a world of difference, and I could still hit the edge of the modifications with my driving skill. The extra shock on the front should help the front from floating as much as you try to dive into another turn. Yes I could spend money on dual piston Fox or equivalent shocks, but child support says no. But often times I can find good quality gas charged Monroes in pick a part, and make use my mad scientist skills.

I took a 73 F250 around dirt roads fast enough to watch others wreck behind me. Whom I didn't realize were following me when the freeway had a 10 mile back up, and I bombed the desert to slide around. It had dual shocks at each corner, and aggressive AT tires. Plus would jump very well on dort roads for a polished turd. I regret selling her everyday.

I have had street C10's but they were for profiling, and not anything I would do now.
I read it all. I just didn't highlight everything I read.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote