View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #54
fencepost

Re: 72 Not sure what to call it yet resto!

I use to paint and body at the local Chevy dealership, 7 years total. We started out PPG then had to go to another brand for cost purposes. I really like the DP90. Ive used it for a top coat on a repaired lawnmower deck, that was over 6 years ago it is still holding up great, really good product. I use it on my sandblasted areas, but have seen others use it for a blocking primer. Use it on fiberglass too, for a sealer then over coat with a building primer for blocking. Everybody does it different. I don't use acid etch on blased areas just because a tech at one of the PPG classes said it would be to heavy of build up in the blasted pours of the metal and actually cause damage over time, he recomended epoxy blasted and bear fiberglass and acid etch sanded bear metal, so thats what I've always done. NCP250 was great blocking primer made by PPG, Im sure they've come out with some different stuff now but K36, DP90, and NCP250 were my 3 favorite ones to work with.

Ive always been curious how and what others use, you can always learn or find something new.

Great build.
fencepost is offline   Reply With Quote