View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 10:56 PM   #117
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Well, today was a series of good and bads news. The shortest version I can offer is I bought a "55-59 Chevy Truck radiator" from an eBay seller who has a warehouse locally because I was in a bind for getting it to my shop today. Turned out to NOT be anywhere near a bolt in. I (my mechanic @ $$$/hr!) would have had to fabricate mounts for it and chop up the fan shroud I just bought for it. I took it back expecting a fight but they were cool and even acted as though it was a common complaint....it probably is! I'm going with an original copper/brass unit afterall.

My new finned air cleaner arrived today and I had to/wanted to buy a chrome thermostat housing-mine crumbled when they took it off. I also dropped off my old school finned valve covers at the shop since they're changing the intake anyway. Later, the shop called me and (get this!) ASKED if they could touch up the Chevy orange on my block since we are changing out so much of the appearence parts?!! "Hell Yeah" was my answer. I stoppped off after work and it looked pretty good. I probably will not get the truck back til mid week next week. Pic's will be posted, of course!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote