View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #220
WinDancer
The Original HotRod KnifeMaker

My daily driver

This is my 69 GMC short bed, currently in the last stages of completion.

Pic 1 is the front end with the motor/transmission in place for final fitment and measurements for trans and carb linkage, and the new drive line.

The windshield is out to replace old, deteriorated metal.

Pic 2 is the 400hp 396 replacing the old 350. It will include the 400 turbo replacing the old 350 trans.

Adding new Hooker ceramics and full 3" flowmaster exhaust straight out the back. If I can work it the exhaust will exit at least partially through the bumper. Also doing the HEI.

Pic 3 shows primer over the welded-up holes that held the C10 insignia, being replaced by Chevelle 396 emblems. The top has been chopped 4 full inches. The front and rear are both lowered 5 inches.

Paint is DA Cayman [I know, I know, but even Ford does something right once in a while] done in 2005

The gas tank is under the truck and fills through the drivers rear marker light. The old filler hole was welded up before paint. A power antenna was frenched in on the passenger side behind the door, that old hole was also welded up before paint.

5 Lug custom 8 inch wheels and disk brakes front and rear.

Pic 4 is a quick shot of the completely redone interior that includes a Grant wood wheel, 200 watt kick-panel speakers, Pioneer am/fm/cd, chrome glove box, fully upholstered head liner, dash and door panels and new carpet. It has matching 60/40 seats. The dash is the tach and gauge option.

A new Cowl hood from Classic Heartbeat is in for paint. A new 4 core radiator with dual electric fans is set to go in this trip too.

The gentleman you can see through the windshield frame is Bill Strobl- one of the best Chevy mechanics on the planet. His shop is here in Washington a short distance from our place.

I will replace the tires after I have a few miles on the rework. The truck has 4.11s and is a screaming ***** on the freeway. Much larger tires should take care of that.

I will get more and better pics added when she comes home.

You folks and Bill are the only ones who care about any of this [if you don't count every 15 year-old-boy I pass]. I was hooked after my first visit here. Good on-ya all!

Dave
Attached Images