View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
mrhino
Account Suspended

Build #2 Crusader!

11-11-11 sounds like a great day to start a build.

The Project: My wifes 88 GMC Crew cab SRW 2WD. the truck is a old Municipal truck from someplace in Tenn. Its about as plain as you could get a truck. Bench seats, rubber floor, no interior trim, no headliner, and no radio. something is wrong with the brakes or the hydroboost. When we got the truck it had a hydraulic lift gate on the back, so it sat low in the rear from the weight. It rides awful, it dont stop for $h!t and its like riding in a tin can. the engine is tired, it burns oils and smokes. It's been well used and is kinda ugly. Not the sorta thing most women would want to be driving. But my wife loves it. I think mainly because its her's and she gets to decide what she wants the truck to become. (for the most part anyway)

Our plans for the truck: rebuild the front suspension and steering, add new wheels, convert the 14 bolt rear end to disc brakes. Rebuild the 5.7l engine do a few tricks for more torque and better fuel mileage. My goal is to get 20 mpg it will be tough but Im up for it. repaint the truck, and add some bling. Completely redo the interior, something more fitting for a professional women. front and rear power leather seats from a Tahoe, might do the trick. carpet might be a plus.. ah will see. I have been thinking about making it a short bed, I like the looks of the short bed conversions. and I think it would help on turning plus it would be a few pounds lighter. only problem is here in Northern Indiana there are no shortbeds if you can find one they are very expensive. but ill keep my eyes open.

Just like the last project "Silver Dollar" Me and my family will be doing all the work. this time I hope to have more pictures of the build along with better discription. it should be entertaining as well, as Im sure me and the wife will have a few "difference of opinions". Because this is actual my wife's truck (Debbie) she will be involved in it a lot more. she will be the one putting the engine together, sanding body panels, installing weathersrtipping, and anything else I dont want to do. LOL! She also has her own account on the thread and would be able to comment as well. So subscribe to the thread and follow along.

Last edited by mrhino; 11-12-2011 at 10:42 AM.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote