View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #27
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Remember this?

Well for the astute you may have noticed that when Woody arrived in the Mother Country there were a number of box’s that accompanied him.

Some small, some large. But all full of goodness. Funny enough one of the box’s contained this.

HUZZAH!! A cure for….

So first things first, off with the door panel.

Now you will have to use the ‘theatre of the mind’ for the next bit as, for some reason my camera flipped out. So, imagine that I have taken the door panel off, identified the triangular plate on the inside of the door that provides strength to the door skin and used a punch to mark the holes so that I can drill three holes in the right place.

See, not so hard…

A bit difficult to see but again using your super imagination and you can just make out the 3 marks from the punch to mark the holes.

Anyway, holes drilled,

and a little application of red oxide to protect the bare metal

Mirror offered up and then a little ingenuity to enable the nuts and washers to be attached to the bolts that will hold the mirror on.

Why the tape and spanner you ask?

Because without it there was no way I was getting my arm through the small hole in the inner door skin to hold them on! Now, I could have just wound the bolts in but prefer the added security of knowing that everything is secure.

If you have arms like a super model then you won’t need the tape but if you’re a normal soul then I can’t see any other way of getting it all together.

Ta Da!!

Yes I know the picture is slightly out of focus but you get the picture.

Hopefully on my trip out to meet Rian and Martin on Saturday, I will be able to report if it has made any difference

A change from electrics and probably deathly dull for the majority but it keeps me amused.

Until the next time.

P.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote