View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
hotsam

Re: Just A few plans for my 72' swb 4x4

Been after this truck for a while. Was my neighbors daily driver for years when I was younger. He traded his green and white '66 swb Chevy for it in 1984 because he was needing a 4x4. I would tell my dad that I would own it someday as we would pass him every morning on his way to work, while I was heading off to school. Well, after a few years of inquiring off and on, it happened last year... I had the dmv send me back his title showing he bought it in 84 just for keepsake. He always ran 33x12.5s on it when he replaced tires, but I have replaced the old dry 33s with 31x10.5s. I think they look a little less "Tonka" truck on it ?? I will update pics with new tires as soon as I get a few. I drive it every day to work and it's my driver unless I'm in my work truck. It was originally blue, but all numbers match on chassis and drivetrain. It's a 350/3spd. On column. 4bbl. Carb, 4x4. Engine is a little tired, and gearing is high. Trans SUCKS for towing so I'm setting in my 454/sm464/205 out of the square I just sold as a roller. As I use the truck to tow my other toy as well.

Last edited by hotsam; 01-04-2017 at 02:09 PM.
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote