View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 03:37 PM   #83
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

fuel system passed the pressure test today . dumped 7gal of gas in the both tanks and the new autometer gauge read just about 1/4 tank ( 20 gal tanks ) knowing oem always kind of sucked i call that good .

so i then powered up the main tank with the autometer pressure gauge in and powered up . she come up to 60 psi kind of slow but i figure that was from 100% empty/new system . then i let her sit there and run for a min or so and she held 58-59 psi the whole time just a hair under the 60 psi mark . then power off to pump and wait 5 sec and repower and she come right back up .

i then sent power to the transfer tank / pass side and she feed fuel over to the main tank nice and easy .

i also got 6 qrt of brad penn 30 weight breakin oil / high level zink & phos . put 5 in the engine after i pre filled the filter 98% of the way up before install on engine .

other than finding TDC #1 to set the dist in the hole for good i think we are ready for body set down and start hooking up a few wires and coolant hoses for a fire off and see what we get .

budget beater
plow machine
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote