View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 11:34 PM   #73
mobileortho

Re: '50 3600 re-do. Shortening things up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
going back a couple pics, did you get a plate behind the upper coilover mount? just curious if you did a full suspension movement to ensure the coilover doesn't get too close to the frame when the panhard bar arcs and moves the axle over at full jounce or compression.
out front, I would say the end of the stabilizer bar is already on the low side so possibly a new shorter link could be made to eliminate the length and allow the bar to move closer. its always good to know the wheel and tire size for this because you don't want a sudden flat tire to allow the suspension parts to drag. it's law when I come from, dunno about there. nothing can hang lower than the bottom of the wheel rim. that means a tire could blow right off the wheel and you won't drag car parts as long as the wheel stays intact.
I did mount a 1/2” plate to the upper mount. It’s kinda hard to see i\on the pics. The pic with the sway bar is not my truck. That one is the vendor used in the advertisement. BUT, thanks for the suggestion on the spacer. I noticed that the boot on my setup is crushed as you mentioned and I was curious as too why. Then I noticed I had installed the spacer incorrectly.

I’m still on the fence about that sway bar location and you are also correct, I definitely don’t want it below the scrub line. I plan on switching from 17” to 18” rims up front. I’m going to do some measuring to see what kinda room I have to work with.

1950 3600
3600 re-do, shortening it up

If it's true what they say, "You learn from your mistakes,"
I'm a Genius in the making.
mobileortho is offline   Reply With Quote