View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #123
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

So while waiting for my tool boxes to get back from the coater. I did some work on the Radiator support and brake lines.

Decided to reuse my old one to save some money. It's a small saving but I think its solid enough to keep. Filled some previous holes that were made as well as some factory ones. I took note and only filled the ones I was for sure not going to use. However, if all else fails and I didn't do so well, I can drill a hole for whatever I need. Also going to shave the top portion of the support, so that its a smooth transition from the top to the support for the fenders.
Name:  IMG_0754 copy.JPG
Views: 585
Size:  96.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0755 copy.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  91.2 KB

Got the proper brake caliper, went with a non-ebrake setup for the rear for ease of install. I kind of have a plan for an e-brake in the future. Also this gives me an idea of how and where I need to bend up my axle brake lines, which leads me to....

Name:  IMG_0756 copy.JPG
Views: 630
Size:  90.3 KB

I am probably going to mount the brake line boss here. Where it goes from the solid line to the flexible braided stainless. Reason why, is so that the brake lines will stay clear of the panhard bar. Looking it over, the only issue I may run into is the exhaust. Haven't gave it much thought of how the exhaust is exactly going to go but I am comfortable that the lines will be clear of the exhaust, enough that the fluid won't get hot from the exhaust at least. Also one question from you guys reading this, I am trying to decided how, or if I need, to make a support for the axle lines. From the boss for each flex line to the T fitting where it feeds from the frame, are relatively short. I believe there is enough support from both sides that they will not come lose. My only concern is vibration noise. Any thoughts??? Maybe fab up a bracket off one the bolts for the cover and use a black line clamp?

Name:  IMG_0757 copy.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  94.7 KB

Final picture. This is to give an idea of how the line clamps are going to be organized. Where every brake clamp is, a fuel line clamp is going to be as well. I am just awaiting some tools so that I can bend up the lines.

Name:  IMG_0758 copy.JPG
Views: 626
Size:  88.1 KB