View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #60
SCOTI

Re: maxxy's 81 bagged c10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxxy View Post
yall were right. i lowered the truck off the jack stands and the driveshaft doesnt clear. darn. :/

if the rod ends break and my whole truck falls apart i guess you guys can say i told you so. haha if i were to get rid of the all thread, what would you suggest i used to replace it to make my bars adjustable?
Ok, devils advocate here.

Let me start by saying I have no disrespect for your efforts. That being said, the 'pre' welding prep looks almost non-existent in your pics. That pic w/the modified spring hanger tacked in place looks like it was tacked w/o any cleaning what-so-ever of the base material. Cleaning your 2 pieces down to fresh metal is Welding 101.

The use of all thread for a rod end sounds dangerous. Saying "I told you so" will mean nothing to the man whose family you just killed when your driving down the road & your modified-parts break (potentially causing loss of control thus possibly causing a fatal accident). You should be striving for 100% OVERKILL/over-build on everything; "it will do" does not apply when building/fabbing suspension parts in your driveway.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote