View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #66
maxxxy

Re: maxxy's 81 bagged c10 build

Ok I have been thinking about what yall have said and I will either be going with a stronger thread or going non adjustable. You all are totally right, I would rather do overkill than end up getting someone killed. On that leaf hanger I was tired for the night and globbed a tack weld on just to see how it would look. I took it off and re did it. I am using a stick welder and I'm basically just tack welding everything in place til I get it put together to roll it onto a trailer so I can take it to a place in the city where I have access to a better welder. And I have been studying pretty much every aspect of this kind of build for about a year now.

I truly respect you all and your advice and criticism. I know I need you guys to help me along the way. Thank y'all.

And I decided that I needed more space so I can get my bars parallel (when I get to building them) so I redesigned my bridge/crossmember thingy again hopefully for the last time.

And I was at the norman swap meet on Friday and picked me up a pair of fenders for inside my bed!

Max's bagged 81

81 rcsb bagged, 22s, build in progress
09 ext cab, 24" U2's, DD sub/amp

Last edited by maxxxy; 10-25-2010 at 11:23 PM.
maxxxy is offline   Reply With Quote