View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #40
ryanroo

Re: My 56 6bt 4X4 build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Hey diesel wrencher . You seem to be real sharp on the Cummins stuff. On the fuel shut off sol , I need to apply a constant 12V to keep eng running correct? I figure you will know. Also do you think I would be asking for trouble if I used the holes in the front of the block on the sides to make my mounts ? I ask this becouse the 55 to 59 frames Have a nice solid crossmember up front and the old 6cyl's mounted off the front. I figure I could make a nice strong angle bracket , bolt it up to frame and maby use Inboard boat eng mounts. It's how we mount the 5.9's in the boats for inboard applications . Figure it should work for me .... Maby....

Let me know your thoughts on this .

Thanks
ill toss in my two cents until the other Ryan gets here. I would not run a 6bt off the front mount area and the normal transfer case/transmission mount. that is leaving ALL of the weight of the engine and transmission levered on the aluminum bell housing. that is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300 pounds. it will have a tendency to loosen the BH bolts and crack the housing. in the boats i assume that the drive they bolt up to is rather strong and sturdily mounted very close to the flywheel housing.

you are correct on the solenoid. 12v to open the solenoid and supply fuel, cut the 12v supply and it cuts the fuel.

Ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote