View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #44
ryanroo

Re: My 56 6bt 4X4 build.

I get where you are at on the mounts, sometimes my brain is a little slow...

you can use a non HB steering pump. there may be a some flow/pressure issues with that but that is an easy fix with the flow orifice and pressure spring in the pump. literally a half hour to up the pressure and flow with the pump in the truck. i've used non HB pump with HB and had no issues before, so it may not matter either way. if you have a non HB pump you have to either add a return port to the can for the HB or Tee the steering box return. both ways work. i plan on adding a return port to the can on mine, or finding a pump from 1st gen 24v truck that had HB and use that.

my truck is no where near running. i just got started doing rust repair on the cab a few weekends ago, and i am slow in making progress. my garage is cold and i am lazy! hope to get the cab to the blaster and then to the paint/finish body guy in january. then the fenders and doors. then the bed. the paint is being done one area at a time so i dont have to swallow the whole bill at once. i still need to get a wiring harness, lift pump and torque converter and rebuild the dana 60 before i can think about it being a runner. and i think i am going to use the green and white bed on the parts truck and use a different bed i found locally on the diesel. but there is some bartering/fabrication i have to do before that happens, so....

Ryan

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote