View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
4mulaSvaliant

Finally a bit of progress has been had again.

So Last I left off with finishing up the major work in the rear of the truck. The frame rails. Since then I have designed the new cross member to tie the rails together as well. I have yet to make it, but its no real big deal to make and weld in.

My time has been monopolized by family life lately and it was beginning to wear on me...not having my "garage therapy". Lack of daylight is also now posing an issue, but despite all of these things I managed to sneak in a few hours here and there.

First... I rebuilt the Quadrajet that was the unfortunate victim of horrible rust contaminated fuel. See pics!

So there is a bit more to this story as of two nights ago. I started the truck off of a bit of fuel poured into the carb, and then thought to stick the "pick up" side of the fuel line into a gas can in order to flush the fuel pump of the rust debris. Its at this point that it dawned on me that I am an idiot to replace the Fuel tank, steel line, filter, and rebuild the carb only to leave the obviously potential failure of a fuel pump that was essentially pumping a fuel /rust slushy. Needless to say I didn't screw with the fuel pump any further and decided to replace it. At this point the entire fuel system is new aside from a freshly rebuilt carb. Again.... this will be my daily driver and I drive the interstate every day the majority of my commute. I would rather save myself the trouble of an $18.00 part while I am doing all of this already.
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote