View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 08:33 AM   #71
KyleSeal

Re: Proportioning Valve Keeps Tripping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
I offered some advice early on and saw that you were getting better advice from others, but I've been following. I had suspected your rear rubber hose, and I couldn't find in your posts if you had replaced it. I'm glad you were able to troubleshoot your brake lines, and thank you for posting on your updates. You're helping some future 67-72 GM truck enthusiast that may have similar issues. The tee can be cleaned unless it's part of the rubber hose. I hope your brake kickass after all that you've had to do.
Thats exactly why Ive been updating with what Ive tried, to (hopefully) when this is fixed (Lord I hope soon) help guide others who may encounter any level of the issue I am running into. I know I use this forum daily for all kinds of stuff. Its an amazing plethora of information. I also own a 54 Bel Air and info on that thing is scarce and spotty compared to these trucks.

I did replace that proportioning valve, and I do believe the old one was faulty and too sensitive, as this new one is more firm in its shuttle bore, the old one could be moved by a paperclip. So that was correct in suspecting there was a fault there.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote