View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 12:14 AM   #84
74project

Re: 90 crew 1 ton Cummins 47re swap

Well there are 2 leaks that are drowning my HOA bill! This swap was difficult to say the least. Very different from a crate ls3 or 5.3. Many other variables that come into play when you are not a mechanic. When you work one part of the equations along with another you have to start all over and keep putting different schematics together. If that makes sense? What I am trying to say is that a LS3 7k$ shipped to your house is a true turn key. A 12V has many variables for those non-mechanics slash garage doers... for instance overflow valves, fuel pressure, turbo, boost pressure, trans-controller. Ive been driving for several weeks (to Work and HD)(Home Depot). So far not producing the HP I thought it would for the denero but still figuring out the turbo actuator and turbo itself.
LS3's are all the hype in a quick gratifying accomplishment. 12 valves are a long slow .... well you know what I mean... The springs are truly amazing from off road, I drives CADIEEESH over bumps. So far when I have called the trans control when problems arise and they have called me back and have been helpful for the controller. But something in me thinks it could be better. Makes me think of the more expensive brands when I drive which kinda sucks not knowing if the performance is different from one to the other. Those finishing swaps understand. FASS has been a nightmare! I should of listened to the folks on here. Forums matter. Opinions matter and you should take account for them no matter the opposition. It is working now but they do not like the custom lines i made. Transmission lines are fine no leaks but the suction does not do well with FASS for some reason for me and there is no difference on how I made all 4 lines.

In part she is cool. Much more work for myself and only speaking on my experiences (when people talk only one person they are talking about and that's themselves.)
I am still torn besides the torque monster and the light weight aluminum block ls3.

To go back would a 4l80 and ls3 compare to the 1100 pound monster..... I don't know! I will stay in contact but if I was to say today with experiences in both it would be NO.

Hope it helps my fellow brothers out there decide between Trump and Biden but not the same as a ls3 and 12V..just wanted to get your attention. Thank you for all your help.
74project is offline   Reply With Quote