View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 12:10 AM   #7
Root2812

Re: 2016 Sierra Rebuild

The first thing that was done was to have a new windshield put in. Luckily I know a guy and got a deal. Then one brake hose was busted so that was replaced. It also needed one tire. Those really weren't photo worthy repairs.

The large dent in the passenger rear door popped out so that door is savable. All of the doors are savable and so is the hood and roof. The truck will need new fenders, grill, bumpers, and box sides as well as new headlights and one tail light.

I'll give a cost brake down in a bit but I was able to get some new OEM fenders for a deal at the dealer. I had a paint mixed because I had to put some paint on them to prevent rust but sadly it didn't match. I have to respray them when I paint the rest of the truck anyway so thats not a big deal. This color is good enough for the back of the fender you can't see. I also got online and saved big on my lights and mirror. The mirror was over $600 at the dealer and I got a lightly used one on craigslist for about a third of that. My headlights were $1100 each at the dealer but thats too much for me so I got online and got them for $610 and $680. That was a great savings too. It was a similar deal with the LED tail light.

Now that I had my parts it was time to get to work. Here are the pics of the painting and tear down. It was actually much easyer than I thought to take the front clip apart and put it back together.
Attached Images