View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:15 AM   #8
GREASEMONKEY72

Re: May 2007 - Truck of the Month

what the hell,

1972 custom/10 lwb sbc 350/th350, it was repainted by the po but its on waaay to thick and flaking off in spots, overspray everywhere both paint and primer, theres dings everywhere, left fender is dented to much to be fixed i think, little half moon dent in the top off the gate and another small one in the middle, left quater under the side marker light is pushed in a bit, i got some out but not all, right rear wheel well has a tear in it infront of the tire and the bottom corner behind it was pushed up and in, i managed to pull that out, didnt have the support bar for that side so i had to make one, i had to weld all the bolts to the rear bumper cause the holes are rounded out, theres varies holes drilled in the bed floor, little bit of rust in the bottom of both kick panels, bucket seats out of something that are welding to square tubing which in turn is welding to the cab floor and the drivers seat is about 2in to far to the left and has a small 1/4in burn hole, only had the drivers seat belt when i got it so i put some belts out of jcwhitney in it, the wiper sprayers dont work so i took them out and the resivour also, the front bumper is rust pitted like crazy and its so bad that theres a nice shiny spot where the plate used to be before i took it off, the grill is obviously not the stock one, but a 69-70 grill and bumper which i like but i do want to put it back to stock '72 but this grill is kinda screwed up in some spots and has a tear next to the left headlight and some dents and dings, the plastic part is falling apart and cracked and broken in different places, 3 different brands of tires on it, the rears are one brand and the fronts are 2 different brands(got a flat), not to mention the rears need to be replaced cause theyre cracked alot, the left wing window has a black frame and the right wing window has a chrome frame and the rubber has a 3in piece missing from it, the steering wheel is from a 73+ model im told and when i got the truck the po had a piece of a carquest box cut out with the symbol on it to go inplace of the horn button well since the horn doesnt work and threw that away and made my own piece out of lexan and put a sticker on it, glove box wont open on its own you have to push the button and pull on the side at the same time, the engine ofcourse isnt like it used to be but thats not that big of a deal but the exhaust is like 3 different size pipes going into the glasspacks from the ramhorns, thats all i can think of right now and i think i got it all but who knows
Attached Images

"Allison" '72 C/10 LWB 350SB/TH350 - DD

PITBULL IS NOT A CRIME

Last edited by GREASEMONKEY72; 05-19-2007 at 04:17 AM.